The Elegant Essay Writing Lessons: Teacher and Student Set
by Lesha Myers
Every student needs to learn to write great essays, and Lesha Myer’s The Elegant Essay curriculum makes it as simple as it can be. This comprehensive course in essay writing for middle or high school students features a Student Book and Teacher’s Manual to provide detailed instructions, models for each part of the essay, and resources for reference and evaluation.
Both the Student Book and Teacher Manual are easy to use, and each section of the essay is taught with many examples and exercises. This course is useful for both learning and review.
You can use The Elegant Essay curriculum as:
- — An easy-to-use essay-writing course for middle school or high school students
- —— Can be used over one or two semesters
- — A review as you begin working with Excellence in Literature
- — A 3-4 week Essay Boot Camp for summer (just don’t tell students I suggested that!)
- — An as-needed review or reference for confident writers
The Student Book covers:
- —Parts of the essay
- —Several types of essays
- —And much more (see the Student Book page for a more detailed description)
The Teacher’s Manual offers:
- —Three-step lesson plans
- —14-week schedule
- —Condensed 3-4-week schedule for an “Essay Boot Camp”
- —MLA citation instructions
- —Discussion of two grading methods: checklist (rubric) and points
- —Extra teaching models
- —Review of IEW essay basics and style techniques
Published by the Institute for Excellence in Writing
The Elegant Essay Writing Lessons: Building Blocks for Analytical Writing
Our duplicating/copying policy for this Student Book:
All rights reserved.
No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author, except as provided by U.S.A. copyright law and the specific policy below:
Home use: You may copy this Student Book as well as the student-related materials from the accompanying Teacher’s Manual for use by multiple children within your immediate family.
Small group or co-op classes: Each teacher is required to have his or her own Teacher's Manual and Student Book. You may copy student-related materials from the Teacher’s Manual for use in your own class. You may not copy from this Student Book. Each participating student or family is required to purchase a Student Book.
Classroom teachers: Each teacher is required to have his or her own Teacher's Manual and Student Book. You may copy student-related materials from the Teacher’s Manual for use in your own class. You may not copy from this Student Book. A Student Book must be purchased for each participating student.
Library use: Printed materials may be checked out of a lending library provided patrons agree not to make copies.